A Journal for the studies

Sunday, August 7, 2011

...Made from Stardust...


Last weekend I attended a seminar for my second theology course faith, revelation and theology, with a group of others also studying theology. I found the seminar to be an interesting mix of questions and opinions...some opinions that I think should have been kept to themselves! Today I have started to complete the course requirements by reading and posting on the streams but have also decided to keep a blog-like journal for my thoughts as I am guided through this course.
I enjoyed the seminar, particularly the way Dan posed questions and didnt answer them directly; making me think about the answers internally, yet not allowed to say them aloud... It was interesting to hear some people's questions about God and reasons to live as God's people. Yet I continually answered them in my head with "because if it wasnt supposed to happen, then it wouldnt have". As I read the first reading Made from Stardust I was so interested in reading the scientific reasons for how we came to be here. Yet at the end, of course from a theological background, it is all tied back to God.

Stars exploded, their elements spread across space, with gases they made up new stars, planets, and people. And therefore we are here today. We are made from stardust.

No comments:

Post a Comment